The company took all of us out to a fancy restaurant Thursday night. The restaurant was on the 42nd floor in a downtown building. The view was amazing. It was truly a Jap
anese meal. They ordered sushi, uncooked shrimp with the heads still on, fried pork, deep fried scallops, baked egg and tempura veggies and fish. Of the sushi, I had a couple pieces of tuna and another unknown type of fish. I did not get enough courage to try the shrimp. The Japanese colleagues sure loved the kids. They had our youngest laughing so hard, we were all laughing. They presented the kids with gifts and I too got some gifts. I received a small Japanese table cloth and two sets of chopsticks which are dishwasher safe. There were twelve colleagues and us. The tables were Japanese style in that they were at knee level with space under the table for ones legs. It was perfect for the kids as we all sat on the floor and the kids were able to wander around.The last day at the Tokyo office has come. Although I did not have any training scheduled for this day, they did want a few recaps and demos of certain utilities and features. We went out to a German restaurant for lunch and finished the afternoon troubleshooting their issues. Just prior to leaving we had baked goodies and the translator and myself where showered with gifts again. We both got Japanese fans and bookmarks. I also received another set of chopsticks. So, we have four sets now, who's up for eating with chopsticks?
Well the kids are ready to go home. I too feel like it is time to head home. Saturday we head for home. This will likely be the longest day of my life. We leave on Saturday and arrive on Saturday. We all can't wait for food from home, without rice. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment