Well, we left our hotel at eleven o'clock on the limobus for the Narita airport. We had to be out of our hotel by eleven so we thought we would be able to checkin early at the airport. No luck we had to wait until two-thirty. The airport had a little mall which was great for passing the time and to get some eats. Needless to say we did not have a Japanese meal as our last meal in Japan.
We finally got checked in, through security and boarded. The flight left at five-twenty. At our first of two connecting flights we had to retrieve our baggage and re-checkit. That was a pain especially after eight hours of flying. While waiting for our luggage our oldest was still sleeping from the flight and was sleeping on the floor. The second flight was four and half hours. During the decent, the wind was high and it was raining. I came close to having to use the little white paper bag. I took gravol to get things calmed down, especially knowing that we had to take off again in a few hours. Descending into our final destination was not as bad. I don't think I was so glad to be on the ground.
While we were waiting for our luggage I took the kids and got the van. When placing our youngest into the car seat, it seemed a weight was relieved and was sleeping in a matter on seconds. On the drive home we drove past a Burger King which we just could not pass up. A whopper for everyone for a little taste of home.
It sure is good to be home, even if it is snowing a little!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment